Sunday, March 9, 2008

Our first Kentucky snowstorm (sort of)!

This weekend Aaron and I were a part of the largest KY snowfall in the past 10 years! I bet you won't even be able to guess how much snow has fallen. Go ahead, guess...give up? There was about 10 inches or so that have fallen here. For Aaron and I this snowfall was nothing. But I understand for native KY folks that is a huge amount of snow. Aaron and I went for a ride yesterday and there was no one on the roads. And most churches were closed this weekend. I can't remember the last time church was closed because of snow!

Since we knew the snow wouldn't last long we went for a walk in the woods out back of our house. Boone loved it! And Aaron and I had fun throwing snowballs and making snow angels. Well, I was the only one to make a snow angel but I had fun none the less.

Here are a few pictures I took from our walk out back:

Boone loves catching snowballs!

How long has it been since you made a snow angel? I suggest making one. I had a lot of fun!

Random pictures I took while on our walk.

I must admit, it was nice having a little snow. Although, I liked it more when KY didn't get more than a dusting. But I guess that is God's way of preparing me for the Maine weather.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

WAH! You love it now, but wait until you move to MAINE!!!

Very pretty though. Such strange weather - next time, tell the snow to head to Charlotte!

Anonymous said...

I love that close up of the snow!

Anonymous said...

That was a great snow angel!

Sara said...

My brother plowed aaaallll over in Louisville...every time I called him he was plowing snow! I was thinking of you - and yes, it is preparation for Maine! I think I'd vote for seafood over southern barbecue anyday though... :)